The only thing more captivating than living in moments, is reliving them through captured memories. If you’re slightly sentimental and enjoy taking beautiful pictures of you and your family, then you’re probably always on the lookout for inspiration for your next photo session. Below are a list of unique photo ideas you’ll love.
- Do you have a favorite photo of your grandmother or grandfather? What about that photo of your parent at your age? You should absolutely replicate them! Make a project out of finding similar clothing and location. All it takes is a bit of editing and you can achieve the same look and feel as the original.
First/Last Day of School
- For the first day of school, get some fun pictures of your child (or niece, nephew, godchild). You can then do the same annually and on the day that they graduate from high school, create an amazing “before and after” picture. You can even choose to add on college photos later. (Read here on how to make sessions with children much easier!)
- Photos are one of those heirloom items that are passed down from generation to generation. So why not create one that future family members can treasure? Take a photo with your daughter, mom and grandma to show the generations of women in your family or any other mix of family members that you want to place in a picture together.
- There are many fun ways to show your progress through pregnancy and documenting it with photos is the perfect way to capture this time in your life. Years from now you’ll be able to take your child through your journey before you got to meet them and share that special moment with them.
- If your pet is a member of your family then capturing memories with them is just as important. There are so many great ways to take some amazing photos whether it’s outside at a park or in the comfort of your own home.
- Getting married in the near future? Taking a quirky couple photo where your wedding date is displayed is a lovely way to invite people to your wedding. You can do anything from writing the date on the bottom of your shoes to using chalkboards or balloons to display the date.